Sixaxis app provides you a way to connect your android device with the ps3 controller without going through the trouble of pairing and root. The app basically lets you connect with simple USB host and connection cable. USB OGT cable is required in case of unavailability of USB host support. The connection cable is connected with mobile, and then the USB slot is connected which is further connected to the ps3 controller. The app producers clearly tell you that it works only to enabled supported devices. And all the devices and controllers available at the market are supported. As the controller is enabled, you can enjoy the ps3 on your mobile devices. The app clearly lets you have a refund in case your device doesn’t support.
The app is basically a tool made by the locnet company letting you enjoy the fun of playing games on your device with the ps3 controller. However, the app is a bit limited in the sense of supporting all the devices and controllers available in the market. The app is purchasable. However, if your device is not working with the app, there is an option of refund for you. The devices and the connectors working condition is very important.
- The app is very simple to use without getting in any kind of trouble. The trouble of shifting through the devices for connecting the controller is also gone.
- The movement of the joystick can be seen with the app.
- The problem reporting feature of the app is also very strong.
General tips to use
- One of the main reasons that the device doesn’t recognize the controller is the connecting cable. Please, ensure that the cable is ok.
- The other common problem is the power of the device. For this, please have an external power USB Hub.
- The final problem that occurs is due to lack of Sixaxis support from firmware. For this, please contact the device manufacturer and have your firmware updated.
Trouble shooting tips
- Make sure that the controller and the connecting cable are in working state.
- When connecting to pc, the pc should detect the device as a new gamepad.
- Make sure the USB OGT cable is working with the device.
- Make sure that all of the other devices paired with the controller are off when you use the app otherwise the controller may try to connect with Bluetooth mode.
- All the other devices that you have downloaded to use with the controller may need to be uninstalled.
Here is a list of supporting devices
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3/4/5, Galaxy S3/S4/S5/S6, Galaxy Note 8.0, Note 10.1, Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, Galaxy Tab3 8.0.
- LG G2/G3/G4, G Pad 8.3.
- Motorola XOOM.
- Minix Neo X5.
The devices that are not supported and are reported by the users
- The Stock Firmware . for this try the updated version of firmware.
- LG G5.
- Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0
- HTC One M7/M8/M9 (non-Google Edition).
- Moto X.
- Moto G (non-Google Edition).
The app is a wonderful tool to have an exciting experience of playing games with the ps3 controller on your device. It has more than 10k downloads with more than 4k 5 star rating. The app is purchasable on play store, and we have a free version for you. In case of unsupportiveness, your money can be refunded.